Slowly but surely I'm starting to settle in to my new house. I absolutely love it. I walk around all the time staring at various rooms and alternating between thoughts of "Where am I going to put ...?" and "HOLY FLIPPIN' CRAP I BOUGHT A HOUSE!!!!"
I've been very fortunate with this move. First I bought a new couch and entertainment center from Ikea, and I made the best decision ever. For $99 I had them pick the very heavy boxes, and deliver them into the room of my choice (an important consideration as my living room is on the second floor). My mother and one of my best friends Alesha were both so helpful in getting the furniture put together and up, and starting to get organized.
The second fortunate experience of my move was the help I had with the furniture, and big boxes I needed to bring. I sent out a plea to friends and family for help the Saturday after I moved in. My amazing brother Bob, my brother-in-law Jon, my nephew Sam, and the elders quorum president from my old ward Josh all showed up to help, and we got the whole thing accomplished in an hour. They were so helpful, and I was grateful for each of them. It was really good that we got it done so quickly too because by 1:15 that afternoon I was sprawled out on the couch taking my first dose of cough syrup. I barely moved from that spot for 4 days. Not fun.
I am really loving my new neighborhood. I love having people under the age of 60 living near by. I also LOVE being minutes away from the District, and the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. I love seeing kids getting home from school, people actually staying up past the 10:00 news, and not being the only one getting up and going to work early each morning. I've attended the home ward, and the singles ward of the area I live in now. I loved the home ward. The people were wonderful, and atmosphere was great, and I loved getting to know some of my new neighbors. Turns out the girl I sat by in Sunday School and Relief Society is actually the cousin of my sister-in-law Carrie, which was a fun connection to make. The singles ward is probably where I am going to end up for now, but I am fighting it tooth and nail. They have a dating committee. That in and of itself if offensive enough to make me want to run for the hills screaming. The people seem really nice overall, and given that I'm only 24 I feel like I should probably be in the singles ward for now, but I haven't officially transferred my records yet because every fiber of my being is screaming against it (except that little voice that says its where I should be), but I don't want to and I'm stubborn, and I'm a redhead, which is just another way of expressing just how stubborn I am. I really love it here though. I think I'm going to be very happy living here.
 |
| My lovely washer and dryer. I am totally in love with these two appliances. |
 |
| Eventually I want to update this red and cream and black color scheme I have in my bathroom. I've had it since I was a freshman in college and it's not quite what I want anymore, but it looks good, and it's in good condition, so it stays and goes to the bottom of the priority list for now. |
 |
| I LOVE my new living room. The couch is the perfect color of turquoise, and the entertainment center is perfect. |
 |
| It's not a big space, but it is so awesome. Especially when I want watch a show while I'm cooking. |
 |
| My bedroom is pretty sparse right now. I have big plans for it down the road though. |
 |
| Is it weird that the stairs make me feel more like a homeowner and give me the illusion of having so much space? |
 |
| My office. It's kind of become my catchall, but it's starting to come along, and I've got a deadline to get it looking like a good room. One of my best friends Lindsey is flying up from New Mexico for our friend's wedding and will be staying here. I promise it will be a great office/guest room when you get here Lindsey! |
 |
| My new doormat. I just loved the colors. |
 |
| This view is still my favorite thing about the place. |
No comments:
Post a Comment