Saturday, September 29, 2012

Fall Colors

Growing up we almost never went for drives to see the changing leaves.  My parents did many other things, but that wasn't one of them.  Most of my experience with the beautiful colors of fall has actually come in the last few years as I have driven back and forth through Sardine Canyon every weekend or two.  My absolute favorite was last year when I drove through it every 3 to 4 days for a full year straight. The drive was exhausting, but I saw the canyon in every stage of beauty.  We can see the mountains out our back window now, and I think that was what finally got my parents interested in going for a drive, so yesterday we took the Alpine Loop.  It was most exciting because my daddy actually decided to go with us.  

I am no photographer, and can't do the beauty the justice it deserves, but these photos are my feeble attempt to capture the splendor of the colors.  

The colors extending up the hill mixed together, and it was gorgeous!



This is definitely one of my basic point and shoot moments, but I just can't get over all of the red on those peaks.  So pretty.

I loved this random patch of yellow in the midst of all of the evergreens.

I think this may be my favorite shot of the day.




Seriously splendid colors everywhere!


I am definitely loving the gorgeous fall we're having this year.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...