With Graduation in view (so long as I pass my classes), I realized that today was my very last "first day of school." To commemorate I had my mother take the traditional obligatory picture. Yes I know I should have had a backpack on to make it truly authentic, but I'd already dropped it off in my apartment.

(Notice my cute new hat from Bob & Carrie, and my new sweatshirt from my trip? Everyone needs new clothes for the first day, right?)
This may have been the craziest start to a first day of school I have ever experienced. Since my flight got in late last night, and I didn't want to drive through the canyon in the dark, I got up at 5:30 this morning in order to make it to my 8:30 class. That shouldn't have been too bad. I got all packed, and loaded into my car, and went to leave. I turned the key. I turned the key again. Finally after several tries, with nothing to show for it, I went inside to complain that the car was dead. Since we were running out of time, and I had to go to this class (trust me, if I didn't need the teachers signature to get in, and it weren't a requirement, I wouldn't have rushed) my mother decided to just drive me up here.
We rushed about getting my stuff transferred over, and we were on our way, arriving in Logan just in time for her to drop me at the door for class. She ran and got some breakfast while I was in class, and then picked me up where she'd left me. I have to admit, it was kind of nice to have her help taking everything inside. I have become very adept at carrying absurd amounts of grocery bags, my laundry basket, backpack, and purse all in one load, but help is greatly appreciated. Especially since she was really kind, and surprised me by buying me some groceries while I was in class, since I wouldn't have a car to get to the grocery store this week. (One of the downfalls of no roommates, you can't bum a ride with someone else.)
She was wonderful. She even took me out to get french toast sticks at Burger King before she left. It was much appreciated, especially in light of latter figuring out that it was she who left my headlights on, therefore killing my battery, and causing such a crazy morning. (Can't even get too mad at her for that though, because she left them on after taking my car to gas it up, and through the car wash.)
It's now 11:06 pm , and I haven't even had a nap since waking up at 5:35 am. Unfortunately part of my first day of school is a desk shift at work until midnight. It's been a long day, and I am bored, but I'm really grateful that it has all worked out. Actually I'm really grateful for the whole thing. It was memorable, and an adventure, and I feel totally spoiled.
The countdown begins: 115 day
No comments:
Post a Comment