Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Girly Vacation!

After several busy and stressful months full of school, work, school work, moving, setting up a new house, and life in general a major vacation was in order. After a bit of confusion and a subsequent upgraded rental we were on our way to a fabulous girls vacay! I love girl getaways! My mother and I are down in St. George for the week, and yesterday and today my sister and her two little girls and their cousin came to join us. We have had so much fun. Last night all 6 of us girlies went to see The Little Mermaid at Tuachan down here. It was an amazing production and the girls talked about it non stop for about 15 minutes after the show. I'm sure their monologues would have continued had they not fallen asleep. One of them may have drifted off mid sentence, but after they started repeating themselves I half tuned them out so I can't be certain. It was midnight, and they're only 7 and 8, so you can't really blame them.

Today we took them hiking up in Snow Canyon. We took them on a couple of fun, short hikes and just laughed and had a good time.


We especially loved coming upon a natural cutout in the rock, perfect for poking heads through for pictures.

Kelsea and Chloe

Me

Chloe being Chloe

Hallie

Grandma and Chloe

Silly Grandma!

Kelsea trying to give a Mona Lisa smile. Maybe.

Hallie and Me

After we all got really hot and tired we came back to the condo for a sandwich and a swim. The girls had a fabulous time splashing around and cooling off. I cooled off for a while. Now I'm burning up. Curse my red hair and fair skin complexion.

Before they left we had a quiet break curled up on the couch. We all snuggled together and while Chloe brushed my hair, I read them an old favorite of mine. It was the first in the series and each of the girls took one of my books with them to read on their way home. I am glad that they enjoyed it as much as I did, and hope to be able to share more of that with them in the coming months and years.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...