Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Get me out of here!

It happens all the time, usually when I have too many responsibilities to actually make it a feasible option. I'm sick of home. I have been very blessed in my life to have traveled all over the world, but traveling is an insatiable bug, the more you see the more you realize just how little you've actually seen, and how much more there is.

When I get in one of these moods, I start daydreaming of all the places I've been and things I've seen. I pull up photos and think back on all of the wonderful experiences I had.

Today I've been thinking a lot about Lisbon, Portugal, so I thought I'd share a few pictures and experiences I had while there.

This is the heart of Lisbon, right off the bay. It is such a beautiful area.


These are beautiful views of the city from Le Castelo de Sao George up on one of the highest hills of the city. Lisbon is absolutely beautiful, and similar to San Francisco with its several hills that the city is set on.





A unique feature of the city that I absolutely loved was their use of hand-painted tiles as the exterior of buildings, and in beautiful little courtyards around the city.




I absolutely loved the little trolly public transit, which I took to get to the Jeronimos Monastery, which has a unique mariner take on the gothic style. I loved it!





But above any other place I went my favorite place in Portugal, came as a surprise, because I didn't even know it existed. I was riding the trolly to the monastery, and saw it out the corner of my eye, and I had to make my way back to it afterwards. The Museo National dos Coaches! Every princesses dream. An entire museum of Cinderella carriages, that real princesses have ridden in over the year.


Thanks for indulging me in my reminiscing. I promise not to share every vacation I've ever been on, but it's fun to post my pictures, and remember some of my favorite memories.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...