Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Resolve to do

There are only a few hours left in 2013.  It's been a busy year.  I've learned a great deal about myself, and who I am.  I've gotten to expand some of my strengths, and be reminded of my many weaknesses.  I know a lot of people who have strong feelings against new years resolutions, and others who go a little overboard in their expectations for the new year.  I tend to ride the middle road.  I don't like to make grand resolutions doomed to fail, but I love the idea of setting a few goals to guide the progress of the new year.  My main goal last year was to get into my home and settled.  Check!  This year I have a few smaller goals that I think will help me to better the person I want to be.  Since sharing goals helps to make one responsible for them I am sharing them for all to see.  So without further ado, here are my 2014 New Years Resolutions:

Resolution 1 - Save some money

I have gotten everything set up around my house.  I have what I need for daily living.  Of course there will always be things I want to do, but right now I need to increase my savings for rainy days.  My goal is to have at least one full months expenses (mortgage, car payment, utilities, food, etc.) in my savings by the end of the year.  That will require some careful budgeting on my part, but is completely doable with my current income, and will allow me a great deal of breathing room as time goes on.  If I can save more than that, I hope to do so, but that is my minimum goal.

Resolution 2 - Go to the Temple

I am really good about attending the temple at least once a month, which is a major part of my life.  I think once a month is a good speed for me right now.  Sometimes I make it more than that, but once a month keeps me going and doing well without overwhelming me.  My goal to improve my temple going this year is to make sure I do more sessions.  Since initiatory is so much faster, it tends to be my go to when I attend the temple, but I know I get so much out of doing a session.  This year I will continue to go to the temple monthly, but I will do a session at least every other month.

Resolution 3 - Get my hair cut

This may sound like a silly one, but I think I need to make it a goal.  I got my hair cut for the first time in 3 1/2 years just a few weeks ago.  My hair was so scraggly, and awful looking.  I know I will never be one of those girls that gets her hair cut every 6 weeks.  I don't have a style that requires that kind of maintenance right now, and I am bad at fitting it into my schedule.  That being said, I know it needs to happen more often, so I will get my hair cut at least once within the 2014 calendar year.

Resolution 4 - BLOG

I haven't blogged most of this year.  I still think in blogging terms.  I take photos, think of funny stories, or things I want to remember and include, but I haven't been good at sitting down and getting it all out.  I always seem to want to write big long stories, and posts.  I know it isn't necessary, but it's how I usually have blogged, and sometimes the idea of taking the time to write it all down seems more time consuming and overwhelming than I want to deal with at night.  I love my blog though.  I love the design, I love sharing pictures, and I love having this journal to look back on.  I will blog at least once a month this next year.  It doesn't have to include every activity, and it doesn't have to be long full stories, but I will write something every month.

So there you have it.  My resolutions for 2014.  New Year, New Me.  Well, not really a new me.  I actually like me.  Sure I wish I had a flatter stomach and a clearer complexion, but those won't make me any happier, or a better person.  Getting my hair cut won't either, but it makes combing my hair in the morning easier and less time consuming, which in turn helps me be on time to work, and a little less cranky, so it's worth it.  My goals will require some planning, and thought, but they are all easily doable, and will help to make 2014 a great and memorable year.  Happy New Year!  Love to you all!


In case I never get around to catching up on the big events from 2013, here is a picture of me and my adorable niece Aubree.  She hits her 2 week mark in the MTC in Provo tomorrow.  I love her so much and am excited to hear all of her amazing adventures as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Puebla, Mexico.  Love you Aubree!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...