Monday, August 6, 2012

Hometown Fun

I spent all of my school years living in West Jordan, but my early memories are from growing up in Ephraim, Utah. We lived there until just before my 6th birthday, while my daddy worked at Snow College. The biggest event of the year down south in Sanpete County is the Manti Pageant. Manti is another small town just a few miles south of Ephraim. It's a fabulous production put on by volunteers each year on the hill in front of the gorgeous Manti Temple. It covers some of the early history of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and hits on some of the major events from the Book of Mormon. We used to go every year, and my daddy was even in it a few times. I hadn't been since I was in Young Women's nearly a decade ago for Youth Conference, so when my brother Dave sent out an email to the family saying that his wife Maile was wanting to go, and would anyone else like to join in the road trip I responded very quickly with an affirmative.

My brothers and sisters are all older than I am, and I don't share most of their childhood memories, so when they start sharing I just listen and don't have much to contribute. Ephraim is a different story because Dave and I actually share memories of living there, and it was really fun to drive through there with Maile and recount our stories.

Sorry for the crappy picture, but it's the only one I took of the amazing food (after it was just about gone)

We ate dinner at Roy's Pizza in Ephraim. When I lived there is was a bit smaller, and called Fat Jack's, but the food is still the same. I haven't eaten there since we lived there nearly 20 years ago, but I still think back on those mozzarella sticks and my mouth waters. I was grateful to learn that my little 5 years old memory hadn't mislead me. The food was AMAZING!!! and so much cheaper than I expected.


The pageant is free, and was awesome. It was a fun trip. I don't think I've seen that goofy, light-hearted side of my brother in many years, and it just brightened my whole day. It ended up just being Dave, Maile and me, but I was actually grateful because I enjoyed getting that time with them. I really have the most awesome family.

1 comment:

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

FAT JACKS!!!! I'm envious. I haven't eaten there since, ummm....probably 1993. The Malt Shop was another one of my favorites. I SO need to plan a road trip sometime soon!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...