Sunday, April 29, 2012

They grow up so fast!

This weekend was all about supporting my nieces in Evanston, WY. I had an amazing weekend playing the attentive aunt.

Maddie is 13, and on her middle school track team. She had a meet on Saturday, and I sat out there for the whole meet, so that I could call her my sister-in-law when one of her events was coming up. It was so COLD! Bitter cold, with an even colder wind. My hoodie and blanket were not enough, but I had so much fun. Maddie did so amazingly well! I had no clue she was that good. She competed in the 100 & 200 meter dashes, and the long jump. She got second in her 100 m. heat, first in her 200 m., and if she didn't get 1st in her division on the long jump she came dang close. That girl jumped 12 feet!!! I was very impressed.

There wasn't anyone even close to her in the 200 m heat



















The reason that Teri was doing so much at home, and coming just for Maddie's events, was because Saturday was also Prom. My niece Aubree is a junior this year, and very much involved in the Prom scene. I went to a big high school, in a big city, in a very populated county. Prom was just a dance, at least to me. In small towns Prom is much more, and the Juniors have what is called Promenade. They girls and boys come all dressed in their dresses and tuxes, and are presented to the whole gym full of family and friends. They then perform a choreographed number for the audience, and finish with a parent child dance (mother/son, daddy/daughter). It was awesome, and so much fun. I'd never seen anything like it, so I really enjoyed the whole thing.







































Yeah, cold and wind do not take away the suns power to cause a burn. I think my face is the same color as her dress. Yikes. She was beautiful though, so what does it matter?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...